Dr. Ira Goldberg has been practicing orthodontics for more than two decades. He takes pride in delivering the highest quality of patient care and utilizing the most up-to-date technology available. His ultimate goal is to treat all patients like family in a warm and caring environment.
Dr. Goldberg is committed to excellence in orthodontics and has received training in all aspects of the field, including Invisalign® for adults and teens, early treatment, adult treatment, and treatment of the adolescent patient. He was recently recognized by the New York State Dental Society for 300 hours of continuing education, which enables him to deliver the highest possible level of patient care.
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Bachelor of Science in biology, cum laude, 1996 – Brandeis University
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine, salutatorian, 2002 – University of Pennsylvania
- Certificate in Orthodontics, 2004 – University of Pennsylvania
- Board-certified Diplomate, 2005 – American Board of Orthodontics
- Chief of Orthodontics, 2014 – Long Island Jewish Cohen Children’s Hospital
- Member, Hagedorn Cleft Palate and Craniofacial Center, 2014 – North Shore University Hospital
Honors and Awards
- Dean’s List, Brandeis University
- Salutatorian, University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine
- Matthew Cryer Honor Society, University of Pennsylvania
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons Dental Implant Student Award, University of Pennsylvania
- Oral Diagnosis and Emergency Medicine Award, University of Pennsylvania
- Biochemistry Achievement Award, University of Pennsylvania
- Attending of the Year 2012, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System
- Teacher of the Year 2015, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- Omicron Kappa Upsilon (national dental honor society)
- American Dental Association
- New York State Dental Association
- Nassau County Dental Society
- Alpha Omega International Dental Fraternity
- Long Island Jewish Hospital Staff Society
- Glen Cove Study Club
- University of Pennsylvania Alumni Study Club
- University of Pennsylvania Orthodontic Alumni Association
Originally from Brooklyn, Dr. Goldberg graduated from the Medical Science Institute at Midwood High School, where he was captain of his high school lacrosse team. Dr. Goldberg resides in Roslyn, and when he is not working, he enjoys spending time with his wife Debbie and three children: Jacob, Hannah, and Talia.
Dr. Goldberg is active in all types of sports, including a weekly men’s softball league. He is also very involved in local community charities and coaches youth basketball, soccer, and lacrosse.